Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pushing on.


Long time no see!
 It has been almost a month since my last post and honestly speaking, it took everything I had to pick up my laptop. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE my blog and writing. I have spent the last few weeks thinking, planning, and searching for fun new things to share about. That was the easy part! I've shared several times that I am a starter but never a finisher and that has been creeping up again. It is very easy to make excuses and let life get in between you and the things you love. Life is busy and complicated and full of unexpected occurrences. If we allow ourselves to go with the flow, nothing will ever get finished. That is why I forced myself to grab my computer, sit down, and just write (forgive me if this sounds a little rant-ish).

  School has been wonderful around here lately! Our butterfly unit is on its last leg and we have learned so many new things! Amaris and I visited Butterfly World on Monday with a homeschool group and enjoyed getting a hands-on lesson on these miraculous creatures. The unit will be turned into a lapbook which is exciting because I've been doing tons of research in how to maximize space in the books.




  I have always struggled with immersing myself in The Word. I get so filled with the Spirit on Sunday, especially after great worship. Then the fire slowly fades as the week goes on. The desire is always there but laziness gets the best of me. Recently, I've been listening to  Matt Chandler's sermons from The Village church. I absolutely love his style of preaching and The Lord is definitely present during that time. Even though I am listening to The Word and am constantly in prayer, I have been convicted of not reading as much. I came across a wonderful mommy blogger and have been motivated to follow her footsteps. Her name is GypsyMamaNC  and she not only reads scripture daily, but she journals in the best way; highlighting verses in her bible, artfully writing her favorite parts and how they speak to her. She also follows #goodmorninggirls, which is a group of women on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and email that encourage and keep each other accountable in their quiet times (Exactly what I need!). That group connected me to Women Living Well Ministries. This site has wonderful Bible reading plans and resources to help struggling women like me. 

     

 I hope to bring wonderful things to the blogging community within future blogs. I have some research projects, recipes, and so much more fun things lined up! So, stay tuned!

 If there is something you would like to see, learn more about, or have me elaborate on, please feel free to comment below!


                                                                      Many Blessings, 
                                                             Newly Encouraged Momma 

No comments:

Post a Comment