Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Waiting...


This curly haired beauty is my Amaris. She is pretty amazing but thats all I'm going to say because if not I will sound like a bragging momma (which I totally am!).  

Being home-schooled, this was something I wanted to do from before I gave birth to my daughter. I have always longed for the day that I can officially teach her. I've been her "teacher" since as long as I can remember but I wanted a piece of paper or a curriculum to give me that title. This was such an idol for a time that I dragged my poor mom to a Homeschool convention when Amaris was just 2 years old! Full of enthusiasm, the questions just flowed and flowed and then flooded my mind to where I could not see that my daughter was definitely not ready to start reading or doing math puzzles. 

By the grace of God, my family intervened and shared some information that for some reason it never occurred to me. JUST WAIT! Here's a fun fact about me: I am not a patient person. I have memorized every scripture on patience and anxiety and probably have recited them hundreds of times. Well, I waited....and waited....and waited. Now Amaris is 4 and ready to be a Pre-K kid! 

Still being very excited, I have read more books than you can imagine and have tried to equip myself as best as possible. The waiting game applies to this season of our life as well. I cannot plan everything we will do during the year (which is killing me!), she might not learn as quickly as I expected, and she might be interested in things that I didn't plan on teaching. So many aspects of our lives call us to wait and homeschooling isn't any different. My prayer during this time is to be patient with my little one and just wait! Just watch her flourish into a student that enjoys learning. 

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience."
Colossians 3:12

Many blessing, 

Excited Momma 





No comments:

Post a Comment